[asterisk-users] Voicemail asking for login

J Montoya or A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 04:14:28 CDT 2017

On Wednesday 19 Apr 2017, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
> Yes and  [using something like "1571"]  works just fine for us.  The problem
> is that we are trying
> to deal with the situation where someone calls themselves from another
> phone (internal or external) to pick up their messages.  In every other
> case it asks for their password (which is always numeric) and goes into
> the VM.  This one extension asks for a mailbox.

This is just screaming "configuration mismatch" -- or, possibly, "latent bug
whereby things parsed in separate places should be treated the same, but are
actually getting treated differently".

I think we are going to need to see your dialplan logic, and maybe your
voicemail.conf, in order to work out what is different between this one user
and all the others.  You might even need to use `hd` to examine the files, just
in case there is a stray non-printing character spoiling things.

--
JM or AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .