[asterisk-users] Voicemail asking for login

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Wed Apr 19 08:47:11 CDT 2017

On 2017-04-19 02:39 AM, Pete Mundy wrote:
> Hmm... Above my pay grade I'm afraid! Looking at your 'voicemail
 > show users' I can't see why the vm_authenticate function is
 > failing to read the username :(

I can answer that one.  It's because we can't enter 'stocktrans2' from a
telephone so we just hang up.  The question is, why does it ask for the
mailbox in the first place>

> If I were any good at coding in C, I'd probably look inside
 > app_voicemail.c around line number 10671 and see if I could
 > determine how it reads the username and maybe throw some hacky
? debug output in there to try and determine at which point of
 > that process it's failing. But I'm no good at coding in that
 > language, so will have to defer to others to help.

I guess that's my next stop.  Luckily I have kept my C skills somewhat
active as the chief maintainer for PyGreSQL.  :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.