[asterisk-users] Queue show : failed to extend from 240 to 327

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Sat Sep 10 05:18:31 CDT 2016

On 10-09-16 09:42, Jonas Kellens wrote:

> On 10-09-16 00:50, Richard Mudgett wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Jonas Kellens
>> <jonas.kellens at telenet.be <mailto:jonas.kellens at telenet.be>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello
>>
>>     when I type on the Asterisk CLi 'queue show', I first get a list
>>     of my queues and then the following :
>>

>>     failed to extend from 240 to 327
>>

>> <snip>
>>
>>     failed to extend from 240 to 334
>>

>>     I could not find any information on this on the web, except this
>>     : https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-8828
>>     <https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-8828>
>>
>>     which is an old 'bug' that should have been fixed meanwhile.
>>
>>     Any more thoughts on why I should be getting this message when
>>     asking information about queues (I don't see this message on any
>>     other command).
>>

>> That message is a result of trying to build a string where the buffer
>> is too
>> small to contain it.  I would expect that there is a truncated string
>> in the
>> 'queue show' output.
>>
>> You haven't stated which Asterisk version you are using.  It may
>> already be fixed.
>
> Hello
>
> I have this with asterisk-certified-13.8-cert1 and also with
> asterisk-certified-13.8-cert2
>
> Could it be that the membername value (and interface value) in my
> realtime MySQL table queue_members is too long ??
>
> It looks like this :
>
> Local/01_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin354 at ExternalCallFromQueue
> Local/02_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin114 at ExternalCallFromQueue
> Local/03_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin329 at ExternalCallFromQueue
>
> I have the idea that this is the "problem".
>
> FYI : it also makes that Asterisk restarts (with core dump) whenever a
> queue is addressed. Very /annoying/ !
>

> So string size too large and buffer too small.
>
> FYI : I do not have this with any version of Asterisk 1.8. This is a
> "problem" that exists only in Asterisk 13.
>

> How to fix this ??

This is an example output for queue show <<queue>> on Asterisk version
asterisk-certified-13.8-cert2 (same on asterisk-certified-13.8-cert1) :

sip*CLI> queue show cvikbubohirndceiaetsq
cvikbubohirndceiaetsq has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy
(0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
    Members:
       cvikbubohirndceiaets012
(Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets012 at ExternalCallFromQueue from
Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets012 at ExternalCallFromQueue) (ringinuse
disabled) (realtime) (Not in use) has taken no
       cvikbubohirndceiaets248
(Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets248 at ExternalCallFromQueue from
Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets248 at ExternalCallFromQueue) (ringinuse
disabled) (realtime) (Not in use) has taken no
       cvikbubohirndceiaets428
(Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets428 at ExternalCallFromQueue from
Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets428 at ExternalCallFromQueue) (ringinuse
disabled) (realtime) (Not in use) has taken no
       cvikbubohirndceiaets461
(Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets461 at ExternalCallFromQueue from
Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets461 at ExternalCallFromQueue) (ringinuse
disabled) (realtime) (Not in use) has taken no
       cvikbubohirndceiaets629
(Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets629 at ExternalCallFromQueue from
Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets629 at ExternalCallFromQueue) (ringinuse
disabled) (realtime) (Not in use) has taken no
    No Callers

failed to extend from 240 to 327
failed to extend from 240 to 327
failed to extend from 240 to 327