[asterisk-users] Queue show : failed to extend from 240 to 327

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Mon Sep 12 12:39:03 CDT 2016

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 5:18 AM, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kellens at telenet.be>
wrote:

> On 10-09-16 09:42, Jonas Kellens wrote:
>

> On 10-09-16 00:50, Richard Mudgett wrote:
>

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kellens at telenet.be>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> when I type on the Asterisk CLi 'queue show', I first get a list of my
>> queues and then the following :
>>

>> failed to extend from 240 to 327
>>

> <snip>
>
> failed to extend from 240 to 334
>>

>> I could not find any information on this on the web, except this :
>> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-8828
>>
>> which is an old 'bug' that should have been fixed meanwhile.
>>
>> Any more thoughts on why I should be getting this message when asking
>> information about queues (I don't see this message on any other command).
>>

> That message is a result of trying to build a string where the buffer is
> too
> small to contain it.  I would expect that there is a truncated string in
> the
> 'queue show' output.
>
> You haven't stated which Asterisk version you are using.  It may already
> be fixed.
>

> Hello
>
> I have this with asterisk-certified-13.8-cert1 and also with
> asterisk-certified-13.8-cert2
>
> Could it be that the membername value (and interface value) in my realtime
> MySQL table queue_members is too long ??
>
> It looks like this :
>
> Local/01_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin354 at ExternalCallFromQueue
> Local/02_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin114 at ExternalCallFromQueue
> Local/03_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin329 at ExternalCallFromQueue
>
> I have the idea that this is the "problem".
>
> FYI : it also makes that Asterisk restarts (with core dump) whenever a
> queue is addressed. Very *annoying* !
>

> So string size too large and buffer too small.
>
> FYI : I do not have this with any version of Asterisk 1.8. This is a
> "problem" that exists only in Asterisk 13.
>

> How to fix this ??
>

> This is an example output for queue show <<queue>> on Asterisk version
> asterisk-certified-13.8-cert2 (same on asterisk-certified-13.8-cert1) :
>

> sip*CLI> queue show cvikbubohirndceiaetsq
> cvikbubohirndceiaetsq has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy
> (0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
>    Members:
>       cvikbubohirndceiaets012 (Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets012 at ExternalCallFromQueue
> from Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets012 at ExternalCallFromQueue) (ringinuse
> disabled) (realtime) (Not in use) has taken no
>       cvikbubohirndceiaets248 (Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets248 at ExternalCallFromQueue
> from Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets248 at ExternalCallFromQueue) (ringinuse
> disabled) (realtime) (Not in use) has taken no
>       cvikbubohirndceiaets428 (Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets428 at ExternalCallFromQueue
> from Local/cvikbubohirndceiaets428 at ExternalCallFromQueue) (ringinuse
> disabled) (realtime) (Not in use) has taken no
> [...]

I have created https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26360 to
keep track of the
issue.  I have also put a patch up on gerrit to increase the size of the
buffer.  Since it is
unlikely that you have a Digium SLA [1] concerning certified Asterisk, the
fix will not make its
way into certified asterisk.

Richard

[1] https://www.digium.com/products/asterisk/certified-asterisk