[asterisk-users] Queue show : failed to extend from 240 to 327

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Sat Sep 10 02:42:50 CDT 2016

On 10-09-16 00:50, Richard Mudgett wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Jonas Kellens
> <jonas.kellens at telenet.be <mailto:jonas.kellens at telenet.be>> wrote:
>
>     Hello
>
>     when I type on the Asterisk CLi 'queue show', I first get a list
>     of my queues and then the following :
>

>     failed to extend from 240 to 327
>

> <snip>
>
>     failed to extend from 240 to 334
>

>     I could not find any information on this on the web, except this :
>     https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-8828
>     <https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-8828>
>
>     which is an old 'bug' that should have been fixed meanwhile.
>
>     Any more thoughts on why I should be getting this message when
>     asking information about queues (I don't see this message on any
>     other command).
>

> That message is a result of trying to build a string where the buffer
> is too
> small to contain it.  I would expect that there is a truncated string
> in the
> 'queue show' output.
>
> You haven't stated which Asterisk version you are using.  It may
> already be fixed.

Hello

I have this with asterisk-certified-13.8-cert1 and also with
asterisk-certified-13.8-cert2

Could it be that the membername value (and interface value) in my
realtime MySQL table queue_members is too long ??

It looks like this :

Local/01_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin354 at ExternalCallFromQueue
Local/02_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin114 at ExternalCallFromQueue
Local/03_vlaebidvxcrxrheebdin329 at ExternalCallFromQueue

I have the idea that this is the "problem".

FYI : it also makes that Asterisk restarts (with core dump) whenever a
queue is addressed. Very /annoying/ !

So string size too large and buffer too small.

FYI : I do not have this with any version of Asterisk 1.8. This is a
"problem" that exists only in Asterisk 13.

How to fix this ??

Kind regards.

Jonas.