[asterisk-users] Queue show : failed to extend from 240 to 327

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Sep 9 17:50:33 CDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kellens at telenet.be>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> when I type on the Asterisk CLi 'queue show', I first get a list of my
> queues and then the following :
>

> failed to extend from 240 to 327

<snip>

failed to extend from 240 to 334

> I could not find any information on this on the web, except this :
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-8828
>
> which is an old 'bug' that should have been fixed meanwhile.
>
> Any more thoughts on why I should be getting this message when asking
> information about queues (I don't see this message on any other command).

That message is a result of trying to build a string where the buffer is too
small to contain it.  I would expect that there is a truncated string in the
'queue show' output.

You haven't stated which Asterisk version you are using.  It may already be
fixed.

Richard