[asterisk-users] Audio when card is in condition yellow

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Oct 21 14:04:30 CDT 2016

Usually a card is supposed to send yellow alarm (so it's transmitted)
when it detects LOS (loss of signal) on the T1, or essentially a red
alarm condition is detected.  So if yellow is being sent, it means
that at least one end is not able to sync up the line, which means
you'll have junk/garbled audio potentially.

Hope that helps,
Matthew Fredrickson

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:
> With asterisk 11.23.0 I have about 121 SIP devices connected.
> normally things sound fine when speaking a message on these devices (using
> conference bridge).
>
> Currently the TE122 card is in condition yellow normally it is not.
> I sent a message to all devices and it was garbled on many of them.
> Is this a result of card in COND YELLOW?
>
> If so what can I do about it while the card is in cond yellow.
> The other end is currently down, no ETA on coming back.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry
>
> --
>
> Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016
>       http://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

Matthew Fredrickson