[asterisk-users] Got bitten by the 255 char variable limit - how best to work around it?

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 20:05:36 CDT 2016

I loop through a list in Asterisk which is generated by a Python AGI
and I've just been bitten by a variable limit I didn't realise existed
before.

The only way I can think of working around this is to get Python to
write the list to file, then do a FILE_COUNT_LINE to get the number of
items (needed first) and then iterate through them by doing FILE to
read one line at a time.

Would rather stay away from polluting ASTDB, and don't want to install
MySQL as I don't need it for anything else.

Ideally, though, is there a workaround for the variable limit? Thanks!