[asterisk-users] queue show - extensions in call going from (in use) to (not in use)

Derek Bolichowski derek at empire-team.com
Tue Oct 18 13:43:22 CDT 2016

Running Asterisk 11.23.0 realtime currently, I've noticed some odd queue behavior only starting today. We are using queues in conjunction with FOP2 to show agent status, etc.  As of today, we noticed that an agent will be on a call but show as available.

On an inbound queue call, when an agent answers the output of `queue show` will look like this:

3103 (Local/AG-000-NF-1174 at fromotherpbx/n from Custom:3103-tenant) (ringinuse disabled) (realtime) (in call) (In use) has taken 1 calls (last was 69 secs ago)

Sometimes, and not always, the call will turn into this, causing FOP to show the agent as available again:

3103 (Local/AG-000-NF-1174 at fromotherpbx/n from Custom:3103-tenant) (ringinuse disabled) (realtime) (in call) (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 282 secs ago)

Out of curiosity, is there something that would make the queue app think that the extension is no longer in use?  My thought process would be that if the agent is in a call, that it should always be 'in use', but perhaps I'm missing some pertinent information here.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek B.