[asterisk-users] Questions... connecting Asterisk to the World

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat May 14 12:39:10 CDT 2016

On Sat, 14 May 2016, Stefan Becker wrote:

> A phone connected to the switch requests an "Outgoing" line by dialing
> "0". --> Asterisks recieves incoming call on "s". The dialed digits are
> collected. The dial plan is executed accordingly but the "caller"
> recieves no more information about the dialed number. The number is not
> placed in the "dialed" numbers simple functions like "redial" do not
> work anymore.

This is not my area of expertise, but I'll throw my $0.02 in...

When you 'request an outgoing line' by dialing 0, that call leg is
processed by Asterisk, thus, that is what the phone 'sees' as the dialed
number and that's what the phone will send when 'redial' is pressed.

I think you need to make the outbound dial a single 'transaction' either
by using an extension pattern that includes the 0 like '05555555555' to
dial 555-555-5555 or eliminate the 0 (and the idiom of 'requesting an
outgoing line') and detect an internal vs external call via extension
pattern matching.

Does your internal extension numbering plan conflict with external
national numbering plan?

Dialing a prefix digit seems so 1970s to me.

--
Thanks in advance,