[asterisk-users] Questions... connecting Asterisk to the World

Stefan Becker becker at yukonho.de
Sat May 14 11:51:12 CDT 2016

Greetings,

asterisk list and community,

I have a problem in how our telefon switch (Siemens HiCOM)
"talks" with my new configured Asterisk server (V.11.18.0)

without my Asterisks server in the middle....

<phone> <--> Siemens HiCOM <-ISDN-> NTBA <-...-> PBX Telekom

A phone connected to the switch requests an "Outgoing" line
by dialing "0". The party is connected via ISDN to
the carrier (deutsche Telekom) where the party preceeds
to dial numbers... and the call is connected....

What I can see while I am dialing is that with every
digit I press it is being displayed on my phone.
Further more, these digits are being processed by the
carrier. The call goes through, rings, immediately on
completion on the number or is rejected if busy.

WITH my Asterisks server in the middle of the exchange...

A phone connected to the switch requests an "Outgoing" line
by dialing "0". -->  Asterisks recieves incoming call on "s".
The dialed digits are collected. The dial plan is
executed accordingly but the "caller" recieves no