[asterisk-users] How to build and automatic attendant with ASR ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:42:08 CST 2016

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating if it would possible/not too difficult to build
and maintain an automatic attendant application.

More precisely, my requirements are:
- must work with Asterisk
- should be installable on debian or centos
- works this way :
  . caller is asked to tell the first and last names of the person he or
she is after
  . caller answers (with for instance, "John Doe", "Doe John", "Mr Doe",
...)
  . application gets from Asterisk caller's answer and replies to Asterisk
with a code (more probably an extension number) identifying the extension
to dial.

I've seen here and there ASR software compatible with Asterisk.

My questions are:
- should ASR software support caller's language ?
- do ASR allow sysadmins to enter several phonetics per directory entry as
some names can be pronounced differently by different speakers ?
- shall I use an ASR or full automatic attendant app, if such app exists ?
- suggestions ?

Best regards