[asterisk-users] Rasterisk freeze on 4G link

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:31:38 CST 2016

Hello,

I'm remotely managing an asterisk setup using an OpenVPN client on this
Asterisk box, connecting to an OpenVPN server of mine).

This box is mainly connected to PSTN.
It is also connected to the Internet, only for remote management.

The former ADSL link has recently been replaced by a new 4G link (UMTS).

I'm connecting to this box from a Debian Jessie/Gnome Terminal combo.

With this new link, whenever I launch a vim, a nano or a rasterisk session,
my terminal freezes (rasterisk) or remains empty (nano, vim).

When a session is frozon, I can open a new one at the same so it excludes a
basic connectivity loss.

What would you suggest ?

Best regards

PS: I was about to determine best MTU value but I always thought a
punishment for a bad MTU value would be a lower throughput, not a screen
freeze. Is it correct ?