[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13 and WebRTC. Is wiki page still valid ?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Mar 2 05:40:15 CST 2016

Olivier wrote:

> <mailto:cervajs at fpf.slu.cz>>:
>
>     on my own server
>

> Today, I'm back from holidays trip.
>
> First of all, thanks for replying !
>
> I'll try to use jssip as you suggested.
>
> Anyway, I'm still failing to understand if wiki's page [1] is still
> valid with Asterisk 13, and if it's not valid anymore, which is the main
> change that prevent things to work.

If Chrome or the other browsers have changed things (or implemented new
requirements, ala HTTPS for serving stuff up) then it may not be correct
anymore. Chasing WebRTC is not currently something we currently do due
to the resources involved, but if the community can provide any changes
to the wiki page to help make it clearer or valid again they can be left
as a comment and we can incorporate them. If code changes are required
we do of course encourage those to be contributed[1].

Cheers,

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Patch+Contribution+Process

--
Joshua Colp