[asterisk-users] PJSIP signaling question

Kevin Long kevin.long at haloprivacy.com
Fri Mar 4 14:45:55 CST 2016

I can’t quite figure it out , I went ahead and pulled everything yet again, and I made sure to delete everything related to pjproject from my system, all the PJ  lib and include files that were in /usr/lib/  ,  I pulled pjproject from svn , pulled asterisk code from gerrit, recompiled everything, but still I think new TLS transports are being made which fail in my NAT scenarios .  I check with:

tcpdump -i any src host 10.50.55.10  and  'tcp[13] & 2 != 0’

I see tcpdump print a new tcp SYN packet when I  try to make a call between endpoints and also when Asterisk tries to send OPTIONS command to the endpoint .

From my endpoints, I can call the “echo” applications and the call works fine, but I cannot call from one endpoint to another endpoint , even though they are both egistered. It does not say “unavailable’ or anything,  I see in the pjsip log that an INVITE is  “sent” , but I think the logger is just showing me that the INVITE message has been created, but it never reaches the endpoint because of the new TLS connection failing because of the NAT. Eventually, the call times out with a 408 error in the pjsip log.

I also see some log entries:
[Mar  4 12:29:10] DEBUG[16225] pjsip: 	tlsc0x7f311400 TLS connect() error: Connection timed out [code=120110]
[Mar  4 12:29:29] DEBUG[16225] pjsip: 	tlsc0x7f311400 TLS connect() error: Connection timed out [code=120110]

Just to be clear I am getting pjproject like so :
svn co http://svn.pjsip.org/repos/pjproject/trunk

and asterisk :
git clone -b 13 http://gerrit.asterisk.org/asterisk

then I go to pjproject directory,  create a site_config.h file (to increase TLS connectors and set other options recommended on Wiki)

configure pjproject with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --disable-sound --disable-resample --disable-video --disable-opencore-amr --with-external-srtp

Then go to asterisk directory

make clean; make distclean; ./boostrap.sh ; ./configure;  make menuselect; make; make install;