[asterisk-users] Pet project: one step Asterisk compile on Centos 7

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jun 14 10:44:32 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:02:17AM +0200, Lenz Emilitri wrote:
> Hi all,
> I thought I'd share I script I made (based on some of Leif's works)
> that lets you download, compile and install Asterisk all in one go;
> and then removed the dev tools used.
>
> We use it quite a bit to provision systems using Ansible, but it is
> easier than remembering everything every time even if you are using a
> shell.
>
> At the moment I have scripts for Centos 7 and Asterisk 13, but plan to
> port  them to other versions of Asterisk as there is a need to do so.
> Contribs welcome!
>
> Project located at https://github.com/l3nz/CompileAsteriskPBX

1. Asterisk basically has such a script inside.

2. Asterisk has an RPM package. An RPM package is exactly a reproducible
build (listing dependecies, and such).

3. You are reinventing RPM. Badly. Do you people really want to run:
   - As root
   - A huge blob nobody can inspect
   - that is executable, and hence has tons of places to add nice hooks
     in?

Learn how to use rpmbuild.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen