[asterisk-users] rasberry pi

FrancisM francis at mytechrepublic.com
Wed Jul 6 05:49:29 CDT 2016

Im using two Rasp running debian with Asterisk 11 and 3 concurrent
call with usb dongle as mobile trunk for each rasp and no issue until now
:)

On Wednesday, 6 July 2016, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at vex.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 01:10:23 -0700
> Thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > I'm debating between a cloud PBX or, perhaps, rasberry pi.  For a
> > SOHO, maybe three hardphones, rasberry pi would suffice?  I would be
> > amazed, but, if so, great.
>
> I haven't used it extensively but I run Asterisk on an older Raspberry
> (not Rasberry btw) Pi for demo purposes and never saw any issues.  If
> all of your phones are internal it's probably not even carrying voice
> traffic as long as you set "directmedia=yes" in sip.conf.  I would be
> surprised if it couldn't handle hundreds of phones easily.  Even if you
> have to proxy the voice traffic (e.g. your phones are behind a NAT) it
> should have no trouble with three concurrent calls.
>
> --
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain
> System Administrator, Vex.Net
> http://www.Vex.Net/ IM:darcy at Vex.Net
> VoIP: sip:darcy at Vex.Net
>
> --

This email or attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged
information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). Any use,
redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message, except as
intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify
the sender and reformat your hard drive to remove all copies of the
message, including any attachments; failure to do so may result in your
floppy drive being filled with jelly. Any views or opinions expressed in
this email (unless otherwise stated) may not represent those of the Vatican
City, George W Bush, or the Sisters of the Perpetual Motion. Cheers [image:
]