[asterisk-users] rasberry pi

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Wed Jul 6 05:38:47 CDT 2016

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 01:10:23 -0700
Thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm debating between a cloud PBX or, perhaps, rasberry pi.  For a
> SOHO, maybe three hardphones, rasberry pi would suffice?  I would be
> amazed, but, if so, great.

I haven't used it extensively but I run Asterisk on an older Raspberry
(not Rasberry btw) Pi for demo purposes and never saw any issues.  If
all of your phones are internal it's probably not even carrying voice
traffic as long as you set "directmedia=yes" in sip.conf.  I would be
surprised if it couldn't handle hundreds of phones easily.  Even if you
have to proxy the voice traffic (e.g. your phones are behind a NAT) it
should have no trouble with three concurrent calls.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net