[asterisk-users] rasberry pi

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jul 7 02:40:13 CDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 01:10:23AM -0700, Thufir wrote:
> I'm debating between a cloud PBX or, perhaps, rasberry pi.  For a SOHO,
> maybe three hardphones, rasberry pi would suffice?  I would be amazed, but,
> if so, great.

Just a reminder: The original Raspberry Pi uses a SoC with an ARM core
that doesn't support the ARMv7 architecture (though it does have
floating-point support). Thus most ARM-based distributions will not work
on it, and you'll typically need to run Raspbian on it. Nowadays, unless
you have an older one or you buy a rpi-zero, this is not what you use.

Nowadays we have rPi2 and rPi3. They are quad-core (though generally
only the first core can handle interrupts. So when looking at top, be
sure to press '1' for per-core information). The rPi3 should be able to
run arm64, but this seems mostly theoretical (not sure if it is
supported in practice) and you get a system slightly faster and mostly
compatible with the rPi2.

For such a small system, I think that even the original rPi would do.
The rPi2 will certaily do.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com