[asterisk-users] dahdi on systemd (CentOS 7)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 3 02:54:36 CST 2016

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 10:07:42AM -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> It doesnt appear dahdi is starting up under systemd and CentOS 7.2
>
> What should I look for?
>
> find /etc/systemd | grep -i dahdi
>
> find nothing.

/etc/systemd is for services installed by the system administrator.

You should have also looked under /usr/lib/systemd .

Alternatively:

  systemctl status dah<tab><tab> # completes to:
  systemctl status dahdi.service

Which will shows me that dahdi.service was generated from
/etc/init.d/dahdi .

Or:

   systemctl list-units | grep dahdi

> How does dahdi startup under systemd ?

Right now with the same init.d script. That said, I'd like to avoid
using it. If you switch to automatic span assignment
(http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-linux/#_span_assignments -
auto_assign_spans=0), you don't really need the DAHDI init script. In
fact, using it may become confusing, as under some circumstances the
dahdi "service" may be in the wrong state for you (and unloading modules
at poweroff is pointless).

Thus, in the spirit of the parallel boot of systemd, my general
recommendation is not to have any dahdi service, and just let spans load
and get initialized separately. This also means you no longer need to
start DAHDI before Asterisk.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com