[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.7.0 Pickup with namedcallgroup/namedpickupgroup

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:32:51 CST 2016

Should setting a namedcallgroup & namedpickupgroup supersede numeric
callgroups and pickupgroup ?

I've got 5 peers on my 13.7.0 box,

Three of them have a namedcallgroup & namedpickupgroup of 'kiniston' and
Two of them have a namedcallgroup & namedpickupgroup of 'sanday'.

I'm not specifying a numeric callgroup or pickupgroup so all the peers are
defaulting to a value of '1' for both it appears.

Peers:

7001kiniston
7002kiniston
7003kiniston

7001sanday
7002sanday

If I have 7003kiniston call 7002kiniston and I dial a *8 on 7001sanday I'm
picking up the ringing 7002kiniston which isn't the behavior I want to have
happen.

I've got my own custom dialplan that works if a user dials *8 followed by
extension number (7002) that uses PickupChan to just pickup calls for that
extension that's working correctly but I'm matching it on the channel name
so the groups shouldn't apply.

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein