[asterisk-users] dahdi on systemd (CentOS 7)

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Feb 2 09:27:31 CST 2016

On my Fedora system (which is similar to but not exactly the same as CentOS
7, YMMV), there is an /etc/rc.d/init.d/dahdi script. This causes systemd to
generate  a "dahdi" service. But there is no "dahdi.service" file. If you
do not have the init script file, you probably need to install the
dahdi-tools package. In addition you may need the dahdi-linux package which
may not be part of the distribution (it's not in Fedora because it doesn't
meet the standards for freedom that Fedora uses). I had to download the
dahdi-linux RPM separately and install it (I think ATrpms has it).

What does "systemctl status dahdi" show?

# systemctl status dahdi -l
● dahdi.service - LSB: DAHDI kernel modules
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/dahdi)
   Active: active (exited) since Thu 2015-12-03 17:36:32 MST; 1 months 30
days ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

Dec 03 17:36:32 worldsys.gregandeva.net systemd[1]: Starting LSB: DAHDI
kernel modules...
Dec 03 17:36:32 worldsys.gregandeva.net systemd[1]: Started LSB: DAHDI
kernel modules.

--Greg