[asterisk-users] Is Confbridge performance < Meetme performance

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Wed Sep 23 06:37:22 CDT 2015

Hi!

I did some tests with Asterisk 11.19.0 and Confbridge. I've wanting to
migrate from Meetme to Confbridge for a long time now.

For two participants in a conference - one actual call and one local
channel that are recording - the cpu sits at 20%. The result was the
same with res_timing_pthread and res_timing_timerfd. For 15 calls the
cpu sits at 200%. (res_timing_pthread)

This is a Xeon E5620 @ 2.40GHz server, and with Meetme/Dahdi the load
for this was hardly noticeable.

Kernel: 2.6.32-openvz-042stab111.11-amd64, Debian 7 OpenVZ HN, with
Debian 7 VE. And as I said - with Meetme in the same server you can
barley notice the load. And with Confbridge it jumps to 20%...

Any idea why Confbridge comes with such a performance hit?

/Johan