[asterisk-users] AMI Redirect from in a WaitExten

Neil Cherry ncherry at carehawk.com
Tue Sep 22 14:20:18 CDT 2015

Hi,

     I have and AMI application that tries to redirect a channel if a
certain condition exists. It seemed to work when using Asterisk version
11.14, but now I am trying it with 11.19 and it is not.

     Here is the scenario:

 1. A channel connects to the dialplan and is put into a WaitExten ()
 2. The channel gets some DTMF codes (the AMI app also captures the DTMF
    string as it is typed)
 3. The AMI app recognizes the DTMF string as a command for it to
    redirect the channel to a special exten which handles some special
    functions (the DTMF string is put in a channel variable with a
    Setvar action before the Redirect action)

     The problem seems to be that when the AMI Redirect action is sent
the WaitExten is redirecting to whatever DTMF string has already been
entered, not the Exten that the Redirect action specified. Even thought
the Exten does not exist it the dialplan.

     If I stop the AMI app the WaitExten app does not redirect to the
dialed DTMF (it should not since it does not match any Exten in the
dialplan).

     If I replace the WaitExten with a simple wait it will work
properly, but this will not allow for regular extension to be dialed.

     Example:

 1. User dials 00#
 2. AMI attempts to Redirect to ##
 3. Asterisk log show executing 00# even though 00# does not exist
    anywhere in the dialplan

     Is there anyway to change the behaviour of the WaitExten
application to let the AMI app Redirect a channel from it?

     Is this something that changed (intentionally or accidentally) from
11.14 to 11.19 or I am missing something?

Thanks in advance,
     Neil Cherry