[asterisk-users] Asterisk as "Proxy" and more device for a number

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Wed May 27 15:21:55 CDT 2015

Kevin Larsen <kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com> schrieb:

Hi Kevin,

> If you want to go the Asterisk from scratch route, you would do well to
> pick up a book on the subject. Since you seem comfortable with English,
> "Asterisk: The Definitive Guide" is a good place to start. This will teach
> you how to build an Asterisk system from the ground up. Depending on what
> you want to do, this may also be overkill.

Maybe I got it...
I installed an asterisk on a VM with Ubuntu 10.04 and I got it connecting to
another Test-VM with AsteriskNOW and with an italian VoIP-provider.
The very difficult was to understand, that my phone just can manage ONE
profile at time, so I had to configure Asterisk to receive all calls from the
different providers an send them ONE profile (on my phone).

Next step is to configure Asterisk for the other phone (for my wife) and
having all calls of her number forwarded to my phone and her phone.

Next step again is to manage outgoing calls going to the right provider.

Then it would be nice if I can forward calls from a phone to the other.

Last but not least, I need to use HylaFAX on an account on Asterisk.
I had many problems with T38Modem, so I'll try with IAXModem, maybe I'll got
it...

Regards
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)