[asterisk-users] Dial to PJSIP Channel with Typo "PJSIP//" Causes Asterisk Shutdown

Trey Hilyard kctrey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:28:06 CDT 2015

I found an issue with how PJSIP handles a typo in the Dial application. If
the Channel is mistakenly typed with two slashes (i.e Dial(PJSIP//xxxx...),
the Dial applications fails (obviously), but it also kills the server.

I put some code in my pbx_config to check for that string and not let the
dialplan reload, but it seems like there should be a better way to handle
in in the PJSIP stack or Dial app so that it doesn't take the server down
if it gets through.

I am not a developer, but I was hoping maybe someone who monitors this
mailing list might feel like taking this on as a bug fix.I haven't tried
with any other channel drivers, so it may cross to others.