[asterisk-users] Dial to PJSIP Channel with Typo "PJSIP//" Causes Asterisk Shutdown

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Mar 26 09:31:35 CDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Trey Hilyard <kctrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found an issue with how PJSIP handles a typo in the Dial application. If
> the Channel is mistakenly typed with two slashes (i.e Dial(PJSIP//xxxx...),
> the Dial applications fails (obviously), but it also kills the server.
>
> I put some code in my pbx_config to check for that string and not let the
> dialplan reload, but it seems like there should be a better way to handle in
> in the PJSIP stack or Dial app so that it doesn't take the server down if it
> gets through.
>
> I am not a developer, but I was hoping maybe someone who monitors this
> mailing list might feel like taking this on as a bug fix.I haven't tried
> with any other channel drivers, so it may cross to others.

Please open an issue on the issue tracker:

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

A backtrace from the crash will be needed as well. Instructions on
generating a backtrace can be found on the wiki here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Director of Technology