[asterisk-users] Asterisk only registering at one provider

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Mar 18 16:19:43 CDT 2015

Dennis Guse wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am running default Asterisk 11.16.0 on a FreeBSD-Machine.
> I need to register to several other SIP-Services (actually 3):
>
> short sip.conf
>
> register => XX at a
> register => XX at b
> register => XX at c
>
> If I remember correctly this worked quite well, but I now checked the
> system again and it is only obeying the first register statement.
> "sip show registry" only reports the first entry and if I reorder them,
> this effect stays the same.
>
> Did something changed recently in the parsing code for sip.conf or so?

Nope, and I'd expect we'd be seeing many bug reports if something like
this was occurring.

I just did this in my general section in 11:
register => meh at tacos
register => hola at bob
register => yolo at dave

And confirmed they appeared as expected:
Host                                    dnsmgr Username       Refresh
State                Reg.Time
dave:5060                               N      yolo               120
Request Sent
bob:5060                                N      hola               120
Request Sent
tacos:5060                              N      meh                120
Request Sent

Does anything show up on the console when chan_sip is loaded?

--
Joshua Colp