[asterisk-users] res_pjsip endpoint config object's 'identify_by' option needs new value "uri".

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Fri Mar 6 15:24:22 CST 2015

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Dmitriy Serov <serov.d.p at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello.
>
> Asterisk 13.2.
> I transfer configs from chan_sip to res_pjsip.
> In chan_sip i have "match_auth_username=yes" and have nothing in pjsip.
>
> I have a lot of endpoints and registrations on same SIP server. And it's
> problem in pjsip now. Is not it?
>
> I requesting to add new value for endpoint option identify_by. The value
> 'uri'.
> Simple config (cutted):
>
> [siptrunk]
> type=registration
> transport=udp-transport
> outbound_auth=siptrunk
> server_uri=sip:sip.example.comclient_uri=sip:1234567890 at sip.example.com
> retry_interval=60
> contact_user=siptrunk-in
>
> [siptrunk-in]
> type=endpoint
> transport=udp-transport
> context=from-trunk
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> outbound_auth=siptrunk
> aors=siptrunk
> identify_by=uri
>

> Registration section has option "contact_user". Incoming call from this
> registration will be INVITE sip:siptrunk-in at ....
> I offer to change res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_user to realize endpoint
> identification by sip uri.
>
> I think it will be usefull.
>
> P.S. i hope issues will be rejected:
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22306 and SWP-6069
>

> Dmitriy Serov
>
> -

I believe what you are looking for is already available. See the "identify"
type (type=identify) section that is in the pjsip.conf file and the
"identify" option for endpoints. These allow you to identify and endpoint
by IP address.

For more information see the pjsip.conf.sample file.  Also take a look at
configuring Asterisk for res_pjsip [1] specifically the part about
configuring endpoint identification by IP address [2]. If you run into
problems more information can also be found in the res_pjsip
troubleshooting guide [3], specifically the section on "identify by IP
address"

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Configuring+res_pjsip
[2]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+Configuration_res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_ip