[asterisk-users] howto copy a voicemail message to another machine ?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:35:26 CDT 2015

My asterisk server is in the cloud. Figuring out how to send an email is
too much brain damage. So i can't use the email feature that's built
into voicemail.

What I want to do is execute a remote command with the voicemail as an
argument.  The remote machine command would email the message.

I'm thinking of:

same =>n,VoiceMail(vm,u)
same =>n,System(ssh myserver "emailVM  '_THE_VOICEMAIL_MESSAGE_'")

What variables can I use for _THE_VOICEMAIL_MESSAGE_

Or is this better done with externcmd in voicemail.conf ?:

externcmd => ssh myserver "emailVM  '_THE_VOICEMAIL_MESSAGE_'"

But same question. And can externcmd take arguments ?

sean