[asterisk-users] howto copy a voicemail message to another machine ?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Tue Jun 16 10:52:03 CDT 2015

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:35:26 -0400
sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My asterisk server is in the cloud. Figuring out how to send an email
> is too much brain damage. So i can't use the email feature that's
> built into voicemail.

Really?  That was one of the first things I did when I learned
Asterisk.  It was dead simple.  Rather than creating some sort of Rube
Goldberg machine to send email why don't you explain what you tried and
where you ran into problems?

In case it helps, here are my general settings in voicemail.conf:

[general]
attach=yes
maxsilence=10
serveremail=NULL at Vex.Net
format=wav49
fromstring=Vex.Net Voice Mail
nextaftercmd=yes
forcename=yes
pollmailboxes=yes
pollfreq=5

And for each extension I have this (sanitized):

1000 => 1234,D'Arcy,darcy at example.com

That's the extension, PIN, name and email address.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net