[asterisk-users] Voice mail and caller ID

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:49:05 CDT 2015

Try this for CHAN_SIP:

same =>     n,Set(Peer=${SIPCHANINFO(peername)}) ; Get the peer
same =>     n,Set(MailBox=${SIPPEER(${Peer},mailbox)}); Get the mailbox
same =>     n,VoicemailMain(${MailBox}@LocalSets,s)   ; If we have a
mailbox defined log into it

If you are using PJSIP it's more complex
same =>     n,Set(EndPoint=${CHANNEL(endpoint)}) ; Get the peer
same =>     n,Set(MailBox=${PJSIP_ENDPOINT(${EndPoint},mailboxes)})
same =>     n,ExecIf($[${ISNULL(${MailBox})} =
1]?Set(MailBox=${AST_SORCERY(res_pjsip,aor,${EndPoint},mailboxes)}))

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:23 AM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at vex.net> wrote:

> I have this in my sip.conf:
>
> exten => *98,1,Verbose(0,CALLERID number is "${CALLERID(num)}")
>     same => n,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID(num)}@LocalSets,s)
>     same => n,Hangup
>
> However, my extensions are set up so that they always show the external
> number, not the extension:
>
> [foobar2](client-phone)
> secret=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> callerid=Candace <5555551212>
> mailbox=foobar2 at LocalSets
>
> So the caller ID is 5555551212 but the voice mail is foobar2.  Is there
> any way to get the actual extension that called?  Can I create a
> variable in the extension that I can read instead of ${CALLERID(num)}?
> I tried setting a random string (xaccount) and reading it with
> ${ENV(xaccount)} but it's not an environment variable and didn't work.
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain
> System Administrator, Vex.Net
> http://www.Vex.Net/ IM:darcy at Vex.Net
> VoIP: sip:darcy at Vex.Net
>
> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein