[asterisk-users] Voice mail and caller ID

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Fri Jun 12 15:10:47 CDT 2015

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:49:05 -0700
John Kiniston <johnkiniston at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try this for CHAN_SIP:
>
> same =>     n,Set(Peer=${SIPCHANINFO(peername)}) ; Get the peer
> same =>     n,Set(MailBox=${SIPPEER(${Peer},mailbox)}); Get the
> mailbox same =>     n,VoicemailMain(${MailBox}@LocalSets,s)   ; If we
> have a mailbox defined log into it

Perfect.  Thanks.  However, I didn't bother setting a variable.  I just
use it directly.

same => n,VoicemailMain(${SIPCHANINFO(peername)}@LocalSets,s)

However...

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+func+sipchaninfo says that
SIPCHANINFO is deprecated and that we should use CHANNEL instead.  I
tried that and it said "pbx.c: Function CHANNEL not registered".  Does
that mean that this solution will eventually fail when SIPCHANINFO is
removed in some future release?  I am running 11.17.1.

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net