[asterisk-users] Voice mail and caller ID

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Fri Jun 12 13:23:45 CDT 2015

I have this in my sip.conf:

exten => *98,1,Verbose(0,CALLERID number is "${CALLERID(num)}")
    same => n,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID(num)}@LocalSets,s)
    same => n,Hangup

However, my extensions are set up so that they always show the external
number, not the extension:

[foobar2](client-phone)
secret=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
callerid=Candace <5555551212>
mailbox=foobar2 at LocalSets

So the caller ID is 5555551212 but the voice mail is foobar2.  Is there
any way to get the actual extension that called?  Can I create a
variable in the extension that I can read instead of ${CALLERID(num)}?
I tried setting a random string (xaccount) and reading it with
${ENV(xaccount)} but it's not an environment variable and didn't work.

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net