[asterisk-users] queue show <queue-name> vs queue log for calculating average hold time

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 11:23:56 CST 2015

Hi

We're using 1.8.23.1 on CentOS 5 and are trying to get accurate stats for
queues.

For a particular customer, when I run queue show <queue_name> I get the
following numbers:

<queue_name> has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (17s
holdtime, 94s talktime), W:0, C:175, A:44, SL:48.6% within 45s

So from that data we look at
17s holdtime
And assume that is the average hold time before calls get answered by a
queue members.

However, if I calculate the average hold time from out queue log table
using the following SQL

select sum(data1)/ count(*) as ave_hold_time from queue_log where time >
DATE(NOW()) and queuename='<queue_name>' and event='CONNECT';

I get the vastly different figure of 92.4.

So, is the queue show figure wrong due to a bug or am I making an incorrect
assumption as to what it means?

Thanks in advance

Ish

--

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552