[asterisk-users] queue show <queue-name> vs queue log for calculating average hold time

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Jan 28 12:37:03 CST 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We're using 1.8.23.1 on CentOS 5 and are trying to get accurate stats for
> queues.
>
> For a particular customer, when I run queue show <queue_name> I get the
> following numbers:
>
> <queue_name> has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (17s
> holdtime, 94s talktime), W:0, C:175, A:44, SL:48.6% within 45s
>
> So from that data we look at
> 17s holdtime
> And assume that is the average hold time before calls get answered by a
> queue members.
>
> However, if I calculate the average hold time from out queue log table using
> the following SQL
>
> select sum(data1)/ count(*) as ave_hold_time from queue_log where time >
> DATE(NOW()) and queuename='<queue_name>' and event='CONNECT';
>
> I get the vastly different figure of 92.4.
>
> So, is the queue show figure wrong due to a bug or am I making an incorrect
> assumption as to what it means?
>
> Thanks in advance

Welcome to business logic embedded into app_queue.  The issue with the
queue show command rendering stats, is what timeframe are the stats
aggregated over?  IIRC, the calculations are using a moving
average[1].

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)