[asterisk-users] [OT] switches

Bertrand LUPART - Linkeo.com bertrand.lupart at linkeo.com
Wed Feb 25 02:36:08 CST 2015

> Hypothetical:  lag, choppy connection, dropped calls.  Of course, I'd
> start with checking logs.  How would I establish that the problem is that
> (some) of the ports aren't gigabit?
>
> Small office, about five agents.

Had to run some small offices with SIP hardphones and basic switches. Unless you are doing things wrong (network loops…), your switch shouldn't be an issue for such a small network. Depending on the voice codec you use, a VoIP conversation if a few kB/s, so don't be obsessed with GigE.

Some hardphones have an integrated switch. Don't daisy chain phones this way, and be careful not to invert LAN and PC port.

--
Bertrand LUPART