[asterisk-users] PTT push to talk solution

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Aug 6 10:36:46 CDT 2015

On Thursday 06 Aug 2015, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am looking for a push to talk solution does anyone know of a good
> PTT phone one that works with asterisk.

Um .....  Asterisk supports full-duplex telephony, so there's no need for any
of that "over to you, roger and out" business -- you can actually talk in both
directions at once  (assuming your voices are pitched far enough apart for
each of you to be able to understand what the other is saying).

You could try wiring the normally-closed contact of a change-over switch
across the microphone in the handset of any compatible phone .....  that
should silence it until the switch is pressed.

--
AJS

The best programming language is 63% tin, 37% lead.