[asterisk-users] PTT push to talk solution

jg webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de
Thu Aug 6 10:26:23 CDT 2015

> I am looking for a push to talk solution does anyone know of a good
> PTT phone one that works with asterisk.
>
> I'm not talking about polycom fake PPT... I'm talking about a real call
> into Asterisk and having to push a button on a headset or the phone to
> actually talk. not multicast talk like polycom.
>
> I wish polycom had a real PTT headset but I cannot find one, I like their phones.
>
> Cisco has a PTT headset but seems only for 7960 model. Those phones are
> older and diffucult time find a new one and hard to get SIP on 7960.
>
> So is there a PTT phone out there that works great with asterisk ?

I am not sure whether I really understood your question. It looks to me that the PTT
functionality can easily be achieved using the mute button that most phones and headsets have.
One could even implement it independent of any specific phone using the Asterisk function
MuteAudio(). One could use the DTMF features for signaling.

jg