[asterisk-users] PTT push to talk solution

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Thu Aug 6 15:38:57 CDT 2015

Hi Jerry

As others have eluded to, the 'PTT' feature can mean different things to different people depending on their background.

Is it fair to say that you're looking for a one-touch button which initiates a call to the other end and causes the other end to automatically answer in speakerphone mode?

If that would foot the bill then have a look at the auto-answer feature of Yealink and Snom phones (and others I'm sure). It can be easily triggered by adding a SIP header line into your dialplan so that the necessary header is included with the invite (this triggers the auto-answer at the remote end).

If you have either of these brands to play with and need the dialplan code just sing out.

Pete Mundy