[asterisk-users] res_fax T.38 Gateway with SpanDSP - Force ReINVITE?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Tue Oct 21 22:23:45 CDT 2014

Greetings-

Working with the T.38 gateway functionality that is sparsely documented [1] , I'm attempting to get the following functional:

Asterisk calling system -> Asterisk system in T.38 Gateway Mode (box in question) -> SIP Provider

The problem is:

-The provider is not initiating a reinvite to T.38, even though it is 100% supported
-Asterisk is not detecting the CNG tones from the far side of the call and initiating a T.38 session on that call leg (with the SIP provider), but *DOES* attempt to initiate a T.38 session with the calling Asterisk system (which rejects with SIP/488 as expected)

So, how does one force a reinvite to T.38 on the outbound call leg in this scenario? I did find the same problem from another user on the list in the archives, but didn't find a solution contained within the responses [2] .

Thank you,

--Tim

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/T.38+Fax+Gateway
[2] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2012-July/273535.html