[asterisk-users] res_fax T.38 Gateway with SpanDSP - Force ReINVITE?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed Oct 22 14:55:36 CDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

> Greetings-

> Working with the T.38 gateway functionality that is sparsely
> documented [1], I'm attempting to get the following functional:

> Asterisk calling system -> Asterisk system in T.38 Gateway Mode (box
> in question) -> SIP Provider

> The problem is:

> -The provider is not initiating a reinvite to T.38, even though it is
> 100% supported
> -Asterisk is not detecting the CNG tones from the far side of the
> call and initiating a T.38 session on that call leg (with the SIP
> provider), but *DOES* attempt to initiate a T.38 session with the
> calling Asterisk system (which rejects with SIP/488 as expected)

> So, how does one force a reinvite to T.38 on the outbound call leg in
> this scenario? I did find the same problem from another user on the
> list in the archives, but didn't find a solution contained within
> the responses [2].

> Thank you,

> --Tim

> [1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/T.38+Fax+Gateway
> [2]
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2012-July/273535.html

*bump*

Any thoughts? I'm quite familiar with the T.38 functionality within Callweaver, and a function is provided there to do exactly what I need ( SipT38SwitchOver() ). However, given Callweaver is ancient at this point, and better T.38 features such as "gateway" do not function, I am pressed to use Asterisk (11.13.1) with SpanDSP (0.0.5, latest from Github since spandsp.org is down) for this job. :)

Thanks!

--Tim