[asterisk-users] Asterisk LTS segment faults

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Wed Oct 8 09:42:36 CDT 2014

> I'm not going to say you will never experience a crash in a supported
> version of Asterisk. The issue tracker would quickly make me out to be
> a liar.
>
> On the other hand, if you are using a supported version of Asterisk,
> then you can report the issue [1], get a backtrace [2], and we'll do
> our best to fix the bug.

To add on purely anecdotal evidence, I used to be running 1.6 at a couple
of sites and would have an unexplained crash about once or twice a month.
Got all my sites moved to Asterisk 11 with pretty much the same dialplans
and the stability has been much better. Even if a crash is still a
possibility, the current versions are, in my limited experience, much more
stable in day to day operations. It is worth it to upgrade.