[asterisk-users] Asterisk LTS segment faults

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Oct 8 09:31:59 CDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Grant Bagdasarian <GB at cm.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Does anyone know how frequent segment faults occur in the current LTS
> release (version 11) and in the future LTS release (version 13)?
>
> We are currently using 1.6, which frequently throws unexplained segment
> faults, that’s why we are considering to upgrade to the latest LTS version.

I'm not going to say you will never experience a crash in a supported
version of Asterisk. The issue tracker would quickly make me out to be
a liar.

On the other hand, if you are using a supported version of Asterisk,
then you can report the issue [1], get a backtrace [2], and we'll do
our best to fix the bug.

The question isn't whether or not you will ever experience a problem:
the question is, should you be running a production system on
something the project no longer supports?

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace

--
Matthew Jordan