[asterisk-users] Asterisk LTS segment faults

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:06:15 CDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Grant Bagdasarian <GB at cm.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Does anyone know how frequent segment faults occur in the current LTS
> release (version 11) and in the future LTS release (version 13)?
>
> We are currently using 1.6, which frequently throws unexplained segment
> faults, that’s why we are considering to upgrade to the latest LTS version.

I was having crashes at least once a month with Asterisk 1.6. Each time I
would upgrade to fix one issue another would appear. I moved to Asterisk
1.8 LTS when it was released and haven't looked back. I have around 700
endpoints registered and we handle over 10k calls per day. Even with
Asterisk 1.8 I was running into a hung channels every few months when using
a Sangoma card with chan_dahdi. About 6 months ago I switched over to a
Cisco gateway for the PRIs and am only using chan_sip with Asterisk. The
result has been rock solid performance.

Ryan