[asterisk-users] Upgraded to 13 and now "Mailbox" is empty in sip show peers

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 09:51:43 CST 2014

**********  THIS IS NOT WHERE YOUR REPLY BELONGS  **********

On Wednesday 19 Nov 2014, Jayson Baker wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Please don't top-post.
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Jayson Baker wrote:
> >  This same issue has happened on 1.8 as well.  And so far on all 6 of our
> >
> >> systems we upgraded to 13.  It must be something simple?  How can we
> >> diagnose it?
> >
> > Coming late to the party, but...
> >
> > I'd run tcpdump ('sudo tcpdump -A -s 0 port 3306') and see:
> >
> > 1) Are packets flowing back and forth like you'd expect.
> >
> > 2) Can you capture an insert statement so you can apply it in the MySQL
> > command line client? You may get a meaningful error message or observe
> > something funky in one of the columns.
> >
> As the MySQL DB is on the same servers as the Asterisk software, I'm afraid
> a tcpdump won't show much.  We have looked at the SQL traffic and all we
> see is the usual "SELECT * FROM sip_buddies WHERE..." -- well that doesn't
> do much good, as we know the "mailbox" column is being returned properly
> during a SQL SELECT.
>
> It seems like Asterisk is just throwing that field away.  But not always.
> Sometimes after a sip reload a few SIP registrations will have the Mailbox
> field populated.
>
> Looking at debug in Asterisk doesn't show anything other than that Asterisk
> found the SQL fields (including "mailbox") and what SQL SELECT statements
> it's running.
>
> This just seems so simple!  Has to be something we have contextually wrong
> somewhere or something.  Thanks for the help.

First try this;

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "general_log%" ;
+------------------+---------------------------+
| Variable_name    | Value                     |
+------------------+---------------------------+
| general_log      | OFF                       |
| general_log_file | /var/lib/mysql/debian.log |
+------------------+---------------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Note the value for "general_log_file".  Now enter

mysql> SET GLOBAL general_log = 1;

Exit out of mysql  (if you're not using screen, or multiple tabs in your
terminal emulator)  and run

$ tail -fn0 /var/lib/mysql/debian.log

(or whatever the log file is called).  Now you will get every SQL query
executed on the server scroling past, and you might get a clue from this what
might be the matter.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .