[asterisk-users] Upgraded to 13 and now "Mailbox" is empty in sip show peers

Jayson Baker jayson at spectrasurf.com
Wed Nov 19 16:45:18 CST 2014

As the MySQL DB is on the same servers as the Asterisk software, I'm afraid
a tcpdump won't show much.  We have looked at the SQL traffic and all we
see is the usual "SELECT * FROM sip_buddies WHERE..." -- well that doesn't
do much good, as we know the "mailbox" column is being returned properly
during a SQL SELECT.

It seems like Asterisk is just throwing that field away.  But not always.
Sometimes after a sip reload a few SIP registrations will have the Mailbox
field populated.

Looking at debug in Asterisk doesn't show anything other than that Asterisk
found the SQL fields (including "mailbox") and what SQL SELECT statements
it's running.

This just seems so simple!  Has to be something we have contextually wrong
somewhere or something.  Thanks for the help.