[asterisk-users] Upgraded to 13 and now "Mailbox" is empty in sip show peers

Jayson Baker jayson at spectrasurf.com
Thu Nov 20 10:47:26 CST 2014

Well we've ruled out that this is in anyway MySQL or even res_config_mysql
related.

This morning our guys wrote a backend for res_config_curl to return static
information (in no way touching anything SQL at all).

Still we are getting intermittent "Mailbox" results in a "sip show peer".
Sometimes it's there for some endpoints.  Sometimes it's not.  Sometimes
it'll show up (or disappear) after the endpoint's registry expires.  Or if
we do a "sip reload" it'll come and go.

Since we've totally ruled out this being at all a problem with MySQL that
helps somewhat (I guess?).

Could this in any way be related to the endpoint themselves?  All
Linksys/Sipura stuff.  I wouldn't think so, but maybe the endpoint's are
all misconfigured?  Or could it be a setting in sip.conf that is
incorrect?  Here's the total of the sip.conf (again since we're using
realtime it's mostly empty).

Or maybe this is something in the realtime engine?  Is there something
"realtime" shared between mysql and curl?

Thanks for help!!

sip.conf:
[general]
progressinband=never
rtcachefriends=yes
rtupdate=yes
ignoreregexpire=yes
checkmwi=60
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
sendrpid=rpid
rpid_update=yes
shrinkcallerid=no
t38pt_udptl=yes,redundancy,maxdatagram=400
vmexten=*98
canreinvite=no
qualify=yes
tos_sip=cs3
tos_audio=ef
tos_video=af41
accept_outofcall_messages = yes
outofcall_message_context = dpma_message_context
auth_message_requests = no
callcounter=yes
callevents=yes