[asterisk-users] Configure Asterisk as SIP UA using NAT

Bogdan Cristea cristeab at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:05:17 CST 2014

Hi

I have installed Asterisk 11.13.1 on Fedora running in VirtualBox. The VB network interface is configured to use NAT. The host machine is Windows 7 and is connected to a SIP server using a VPN connection.

I have configured ‘externaddr’, ‘localnet’ and ’nat=force_rport,comedia’. Asterisk registration is successful, I see in Wireshark the packets send between Asterisk and SIP server.
However, when I try to call using a softphone, installed directly on the Windows host, I see no incoming packets from the SIP server to Asterisk, so it looks like my UA is not accessible from the SIP server.

Could you tell me what I am doing wrong ?

regards
Bogdan