[asterisk-users] Hangup Chanel when a peer unregisters

Pat Collins drdialtone at optonline.net
Wed Nov 5 06:01:51 CST 2014

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gareth Blades
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 4:29 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Hangup Chanel when a peer unregisters

On 04/11/14 15:11, Pat Collins wrote:

Hello group and thank you for the attention.

I'm using Asterisk 11.12 running on Ubuntu Server 12.04

We have an issue with channels remaining open after a SIP peer unregisters.

It seems that if the peer goes away before manually hanging up a call, the
channel remains open until a hangup request is sent from the CLI.

Is there any way to drop a channel when the peer using it disappears?

Googled every phrase I could think of.  No luck.

Thank you!

Pat Collins

rtptimeout= in sip.conf will hangup a channel if no rtp is received for a
period of time.

Thanks for the response Gareth.

The problem is that I may have a conference call up for days at a time.

During this time, there may be no activity for hours.

If the endpoint the endpoint is able to send RTP keepalive packets, your
solution is spot on.

Will have a look at it.

Thanks again!

PC...